Monday, February 27, 2012

Stereotypes and the big bad wolf

It's that time gather round boys and girls it is time for story time with Rachel. . .

I wore this to my husband's work holiday party (which was well after the holidays but that works for me!).  I don't know if I shared this before but my husband works in the video gaming community.  So we enter a beautiful room and I am prepared for a pretty awkward evening of social awkward people.

Yes, I admit it I fully accepting of a stereotype: they are here for reasons... just saying.  

But instead of find a group of quite and unsure people (as has been my experience with "gamers"... even yes, my husband to a degree), I found a group of loud, proud, happy and social group of people willing and able to get their drink on in the process of celebrating a year over and done well...

I went from unsure if I would enjoy myself to walking away having been introduced to way too many people and getting to know a bit a select few that turned out to be pretty amazing and awesome people.

Guess the saying: "don't judge a book by it's cover" is more than true. . . at least not all the time : P

On the way to the party I apparently ran into the big bad wolf earlier and he told me "what a nice chin I had" ... I got a little too proud?



g*rated

1 comment: