Friday, January 27, 2012

A love that won't die




So I've said it before and I'll say it again: I LOVE hats.  I am undiscriminating in my hat love: even ones that make me look like a cross between a Muppet and a transvestite, there is a person for that lost hat somewhere... maybe a Muppet transvestite!

This hat is no difference.  I have mentioned before my process in getting dressed starts with one thing.  Doesn't really matter what that one thing is.  This outfit my one thing was the hat.  I got given this hat but it is so bold and bright I had yet to find a way to wear it.  You can't quite tell in this shot but it has a white almost checkered pattern on it.  So I started with trying to find a way to keep the hat from being the only pop of color on my outfit but still keep it from looking like a material sample rack.

About 90% of my wardrobe has been given to me.  My friends and I have a train of bags that we pass on to each other and I am WAY tight (feel guilty about buying Oreos and it has nothing to do with Calories: they are $4 for one container!) so I can never get myself to buy much of anything to add to my clothing so with that comes challenges.  

Let's face it clothes from the 90's... well leaving a whole lot aside most the shirts are really short.  They stop before my pants start or right where they start.  This is not okay with me so I have to do a lot of layering... 

Got to love the trials of a silly chick who refuses to spend money?

What are your fashion trials?


Photos taken by Rachel Abi Photography


2 comments:

  1. I love hats too! And that one is to die for. You look awesome. Thanks for linking up to the ABC's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute! Love the red beanie :)

    xo jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete