Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A, B, C, D, E, F, G????

There is an ongoing thing that people reference: the start of good fashion is a good bra, it is true.  Sorry fellows...well we can all hope you don't need this advice.

There is some ridiculous statistic saying that SO many women are wearing the wrong size... what's funny is that in my experience: it's right.  I did.  My suggestion is get fitted.  You can go to your local Victoria Secret (even if they don't sell your size, they don't sell mine, they will still fit you) or you can do it yourself.

Having the right bra makes SO much of a difference.  I used to wear a 34 DD... I used to have a lot of slippage issues and bulging out... if you know what I mean.  I just wore what I knew, my sister wore 34, most my friends wore 34 so why wouldn't I be 34?

It was about 2 years ago that I went to a local bra boutique to get sized.  As it turned out I was a 30G!  How you ask?  Well you see with each width size you go down (36 to a 34) the cup size goes up (36D to a 34 DD).  So if my width fit a 36 I'd be a D... but unfortunately for me (for pricing) I am an odd size.  After getting sized by the very helpful clerk I didn't end up getting a bra because the cheapest one they had in my size was $78!  I don't know about you but that's not a price that I can afford.  So I fudge a bit.  Sometimes I will wear a 32 F or I will even get a 36D and resew the hooks to fit (not ideal but at a Ross you can find a "regular/average" size bra for a couple bucks.

I'll have to post so pictures of the next time I modify a bra.

Point: get sized.  If you are wearing the wrong size/wrong fit the whole outfit can be at a loss!

If you want to do the sizing yourself click here  (heads up when it says snug it means snug!   Remember that you want to wear your bra on the loosest hooks when you first get the bra.

Written by Rachel Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment